As you interact with our website, we may collect information regarding your use of our platform. The following guidelines are provided to explain how we collect and use information so that you can make an informed choice about using our website.
1. Data protection
2. Data Collection and Use
2.1 Data Collection
Your personal information may be captured through web-based forms for enquiries, feedback, registration, etc. In using our website we may collect and process the following data about you. This may be used for research and marketing purposes:
- Details of your visits to our platform and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
- Information that you provide on our website forms.
- Information provided when you communicate with us through subscription to newsletters or any other form of communication.
Academic Speakers Bureau will hold your personal data securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, under which it is fully registered.
2.2. Use of Data
In order to best service you, the information we collect and store in relation to your use of our website enables us to optimise the user’s platform experience. Additionally, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To enable you to receive information from other branches such as LSE Research Support, LSE Consulting, LSE Innovation or from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
2.3 Note on Commercial Clients
If you are registering with us as a commercial client we may ask you to provide us with the following personal information, which includes: Company Name, Company Address, Contact Person, Email, Telephone Number, Bank Details, VAT, Registration Number. We will use your data to administer our contracted duties with you. This includes processing payments (where applicable), contacting you and ensuring that both parties satisfy any legal obligation that we are party to.
3. Data Processors
As a website that connects two types of stakeholders (speakers and clients), Academic Speakers Bureau may communicate with client websites that use data processors for their own operations. Academic Speakers Bureau may also use data processors for communication and marketing purposes such as Surveymonkey, Mailchimp, Google, LSE. We will keep this section updated as and when we make additions to our list of processors.
4. Third Party Links
As an opportunities platform, you may find links to third-party websites on our platform. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
5. Data Processing outside the EU
As a platform that engages with speakers and organisations around the world, we may process data to locations outside of the European Union. In such instances, we commit to comply with legal requirements and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is protected.
6. Accessing your data
Under the GDPR, you have the right to access the personal information you provide to us by asking for a copy of all or parts of it. Complying with the rules, we will provide you with this copy upon request at no cost.